wanna be a rebel? read your bible

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 by Kade in
4

Man guys, reading your Bible and praying is key to growing in Christ! If you're not on top of it, making an effort to be in Christ everyday, than you just won't. I mean, it's hard. Let's just face it: not all of you are as spiritual as I am, okay...
(haha... just kidding)
But just recently I've got into the habit of reading my Bible everyday, and it has been so great for me! So if you're struggling with it, or you don't know what to read... shoot me an email! You can even study alongside me... I'm just starting this new thing with some friends that's hopefully going to be pretty cool. (My email is on my profile page [so click on my face and it'll take you there.])

btw. I also posted the theme song of the day: "Rebel Intro" on the side.

4 comments:

  1. I LOOOVE that, I'm gonna take it for my blog... do you mind???

    My friend and I just started this thing where we get together once a week, and after reading the bible everyday all week we get together and compare. Pull out a concordance, maybe a couple different versions of the bible and get down to the knitty gritty about you know "what that ACTAULLY means" more context kinda stuff. Anywho, I'll have to e-mail you sometime we can compare notes. :)

    Great post BTW, really encouraging.

    Love,
    Bleah Briann

  1. Yeah, you'd be surprised how much you can learn just by getting a little bit deeper.
    For instance... there's a verse in James, I think the second or third chapter, where it talks about being meek, or humble. And thats great and all... but when you look into the greek, at what was actually being said. When James said meek he was refering to a horse. A horse who races. Because when a horse runs a race he must give up all of his own pride, and desires to do what his master is telling him to do. Because thats the only way that he can win. :) Its really, really amazing, my Youth Pastor always says "the context is more powerful then the verse" and its SO true.

    Love,
    Bleah Briann

  1. the bummer is, my favorite bible... my scofiled Holman's Christian Standars... thumb index, uber noted and highlighted bibe... is missing. And has been for two weeks. I have other bibles, but theres just something about the bible you ALWAYS use. So yeah... pray I find it. LOL Because I miss it.

    Love,
    Bleah Briann