Show's Over

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 by Kade in
0

This is one of my favorite songs.
 
I can’t perform no more
Can’t do these chores no more
I’m feelin like I’m sick
It’s silly so I quit
That’s it, I just can’t try to please the Lord no more
Cause really I’m sick of tryna make Him like me more, you feel me?
 
They told me homie, you Christian life is better
But they said to be holy and perform for his pleasure
But now I’m feeling torn cause the Lord is my treasure
But I fall and feel scorned when I can’t get it together

But then something clicked, it’s crazy I ignored this
But even when I slip, this ain’t based on my performance
Christ was equipped, ran the race with endurance,
And when his flesh was hit His righteousness was my assurance

I know them days had me trapped for a while
It’s in my past I’ve relaxed in Him now
Christ is my Savior he cracked through the clouds
Did it perfect, listen to the claps from the crowd

-Trip Lee "Show's Over"

0 comments: